Here are 16 Simple Tips To Staying Healthy:
Simple Spirulina Smoothie
SIMPLE SPIRULINA SMOOTHIE
- 1 ripe banana, previously peeled and frozen (~1 cup)
- 1/2 cup (52 g) sliced cucumber (organic when possible // skin on)
- 3/4 - 1 cup (180-240 ml) light coconut (or other non-dairy) milk (less for thicker smoothie, more for thinner smoothie)
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach or chopped kale (organic when possible // I like to freeze mine)
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
optional: 1 Tbsp (10 g) hemp seed (or sub chia seeds or vegan protein powder)
FOR SERVING optional
- 1/4 cup (37 g) frozen or fresh blueberries (organic when possible)
- 1/4 cup (40 g) granola (store-bought or homemade*)
To a blender*, add frozen banana, cucumber, coconut milk, spinach, spirulina, and hemp seed (optional). Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides (or using smoothie wand) as needed.
If too thick, thin with water or more coconut milk. If too thin, thicken with ice or more frozen banana. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana for sweetness, cucumber for freshness, or greens or spirulina for green color. See note about spirulina (brands + how much to add).
Serve immediately as is or in my preferred: top with blueberries, granola, and more hemp seeds. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 2 days or the freezer for 1 week. Thaw to enjoy from freezer.